How to get more website visitors
If you already have a website or blog and you want to get more vistors, you need to optimize your website for the search engines, in other words you need to give the search engines what they like to see.
When your website is search engine optimized you will start to climb in search engine rankings and you will get many more targeted visitors to your website.
Once your website is ranked on the first pages of search results you will get much more free search engine traffic. The time invested in search engine optimization is well worth it.
Here are five keys to get you started with search engine optimization or SEO
- One of the first steps to SEO is to brainstorm and research the words potential visitors use to find what you have to offer, these words are known as keywords. You can’t afford to guess the keyword phrases that your visitors will use to search. If you build your pages around keywords that your potential visitors don’t actually use, you will wallow in the search engine doldrums and remain invisible to your target market.
- Once you have identified the keywords your target market use to search, build your pages around those keywords and make sure that you include the keywords in:
- the file name
- title tag
- keyword tag
- throughout the text
- in anchor text
- in alt image tags
- Another very important aspect of search engine optimization is links. You need a good linking structure within your site. Make sure you link your pages to each other with anchor text. Anchor text is simply a clickable link.
- You also need links from other websites, the more links you have, the better. Do make sure that the links pointing to your site are from relevant sites and try to make sure that you have links that use your keywords in the anchor text.
- Make sure that once your visitor lands on your site that they have good reason to stay. You need good quality information, attractively laid out with lots of white space. Look at your site through the eyes of a visitor and make sure that it is user friendly or they will just click away.
If you want to rank well in the search engines so that you can have more than your share of free traffic, I invite you to start by downloading the first chapter of Optimize Your Website for free.
Optimize Your Website is a step by guide to Search Engine Optimization written for non techies. It simplifies the process and gives you links to the tools you need to Optimize Your Website so that it gets found more often.
I’d also like to offer you a free audio, How To Get More Visitors To Your Website. Don’t let the price put you off. Although it’s free, you’ll find lots of really useful tips to help you start getting more traffic right away.
I highly recommend that you click on the orange button, top right, and subscribe to this blogs feed. That way you will be notified every time the blog is updated and won’t miss any valuable tips.
To your success