Have you a low advertising budget? If so, there are a variety of low-cost advertising and promotional tools that you can use to promote your business online.
If you want to expand your business but cannot afford to plant stores all around, you need to be on the Internet. Nearly everyone is using the Internet, because they enjoy the convenience and ease of buying online. Ove 80% of people search online first! Give your customers what they want.
- Set up your own website. You can either set up your own website or you can pay someone to set it up for you. You can have web hosting for as little as $5.00 per month plus yearly registration of your domain name (the website address).
- Use pay per click advertising. You can set a price that you would be willing to pay every time someone clicks on an ad that you write. You only have to pay this when someone clicks on your ad. If no one clicks on your ad you do not have to pay. They allow you to set up a daily advertising budget and you have the freedom to cancel and restart your ads any time you want.
- Submit your site to many website directories. You can search the Internet for free website directories and you will find lots of links to places where you can advertise.
- Participate in forums and blogs. This is a great way to help promote your product or services. Often you can do this for free.
- Use email marketing. You can create lists of customers, or potential customers that you can keep in touch with on a regular basis. These e-mailings can all be sent out in bulk, as if you were sending them through postal mail.
- Usually in order to set up your own website for your business you need to purchase both web hosting , which mentioned above can be bought cheaply. You can buy a great website package deal for $25.00 a month. Also, you can purchase online store sites, also called e-commerce sites, which usually average about 60.00 a month.
- Even though advertising on the Internet can still cost money, the beauty of advertising and having your store on the Internet is that you do not have to spend large amounts of money on paper advertising.
- Ezine advertising is a very cost effective way of advertsing your business, you can get thousands of highly targeted visitors to your products and services without spending a fortune
- You can also keep business cards in local stores, mail out flyers to residents when you are having a sale, get listed in a business directory if your town has one, and more. Be creative with your marketing, and you will save time and money. Another way is to visit workshops associated with your business. There you can network with others in your business and get ideas on what works and what doesn’t. Studying your competition is a great way to see what you are up against, and even learn from their mistakes!
- Remember your business basics. The best form of advertising is free – word of mouth. If you are an excellent business with superior customer service, your customers will tell everyone they know about their experience. That makes their friends and family remember your business name when they are in need of your products or services.
Article provided by wikiHow, a wiki how-to manual. Please edit this article and find author credits at the original wikiHow article on How to Use the Internet to Promote Your Business. All content on wikiHow can be shared under a Creative Commons license.